Tilgman's ceramics was a pottery just outside the city of Gothenburg Sweden, operating from c1948-1975. In its heyday it employed about 80 staff.
It was started by Paul Harald Tilgmann (1904-1974) and in its early years was known for animal figurines, but today it is the style developed by artistic director at Tilgmans, Marian Zawadzki (1912-1978), which has come to define the "look" of Tilgman's output. Most of this work is from the 1950s, and appears soon after Marian started with Tilgman's in 1953 as a Polish refugee.
Marian developed a technique using a sgrafitto.......